8.12.13

Underneath The Giving Persimmon Tree

Passing countless houses and their very backyards, there was a singular pattern which on a sole branch of each passing persimmon trees, left one single persimmon hanging all alone; could the various owners of those various persimmon trees all forget to pick that one very apparent fruit? My curiosity inevitably led to my inquiry to an elderly who knew much better than I, "how could they miss, picking the fruit that is, when the orange color contrasts the blue of the sky with so much strife?" by the looks of her complexion she seemed rather happy to inform me, "it is a mutual philosophy of the owners of the fruit trees to leave a single persimmon in case one little magpie starve during the winter days." Underneath the giving tree was a generosity one little bird never knew and a virtue that made the winter a little less colder.

23 comments:

  1. oh, my, this is really beautiful, this philosophy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, I felt really humble to know such kindness towards even little birds :D

      Delete
  2. this is so lovely. my mum always says its a good omen to feed the birds, and i stick by that too, x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here magpies are considered a good omen if it caws(?) In the morning; it means a good person or good news will visit you.

      Delete
  3. Wow, this is beautiful writing! You have a lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a lovely idea, and it looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I've never seen a persimmon tree - that persimmon looks so lonely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The type of persimmon in the picture is very soft and eaten frozen during the winter days! It's really delicious :D

      Delete
  6. What a lovely post and sentiment.

    Allie of ALLIE NYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i've never seen a persimmon tree. such comfort in words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it's a tropical tree, I remember buying them from the shipped section in the supermarket!

      Delete
  8. I never knew this, such a beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love how you write, it feels like reading a novel. and also your pins of the week post is inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a nice winter sleep Mr. persimmon three c: Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh the way you write is so dreamy! I could sit and read all day.

    What a sweet sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete

Hello!