11.12.13

The Old and Lazy

"A stray cat, lazy cat, dirty cat, an old cat, kitty." These are the various names we call him. He waits in front of the entrance of our apartment and meows at every passerby. He gets fed by some shop owner and other than looking really dirty, he's preferred to stay around.

He reacts to the sound of plastic bag in hopes there'll be food for him, but most of the time my bag is filled with instant ramen and ice-creams.... So, I feel a bit sorry, giving him a scratch or two, then I'll run up to the house to wash my hands with soap (of course!) in case I get scolded by my sister for touching him, but I know my sister worries his safety without admitting it.

He goes missing every weekend, we imagine he's hanging out with his best cat with messy black fur, because he'll comeback even messier! Still, he's kinda cute when he yawns. Sometimes, I want him to be clean and tidy, then I'll feel better when I pat his head. I hope he stays out of trouble! Then again, he's exceptionally lazy; no worries.

17 comments:

  1. awww. i hope the stray cat can find a forever home. my heart aches when i see stray animals in the street. during the holidays it must be especially lonely.. and so cold in the winter. show some extra love to the kitty cat. it may have a bit of dirt on its fur but its heart is pure and clean. xx :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope too, I can't imagine him getting his little paws wet with snow, but none of my family likes animals as much as I do, so all I do is sneak a few fish treats from the fridge, but luckily he gets fed with cans of tuna and cat food, plus lately someone made him a house of cushion!

      Delete
  2. I love this post.

    Cats are such funny creatures, although mines the opposite of yours - she hates plastic bags, and I don't think she would go missing if she tried! Likes that warmth of the radiator too much too.

    Hmm maybe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I can understand your cat liking the radiator, it's so cold these days!

      Delete
  3. I've always wanted a cat... I adore their character, how they move and how they show their feelings. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I like cats, though they change their mind really quickly, sometimes be really cocky, and likes to be naughty, they have the cutest face and makes the most adorable sounds when they want you to pat them!

      Delete
  4. lovely post!
    http://saltskinned.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful post! I'm so happy you and your neighbours do care a little for him though, it always breaks my heart to see stray animals... I hope the winters aren't too cold over there. The cat has really cool colours though. I guess I know what you mean, stray animals can have loads of stuff with their furr :( Poor thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, all the poor cats and dogs in winter :(

      Delete
  6. Oh this made me smile. What a sweet little angel you have stumbled across. Cats are such precious things, I have two (is that too many?). I'm glad to see your neighbourhood as adopted it as their own.

    p.s. I love your blog. Thanks for stopping by mine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha he is an adorable angel :)
      Thank you Samantha and two cats are better than one :D

      Delete
  7. Aw, this is so sweet! I'm glad this little guy is getting taken care of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone wonders where he went if they don't see him and it's almost like a greeting talking about how fat he has become!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Older people here call cats (every cats they see actually), Nabi which means "Butterfly" in Korean!
      But I think he needs his own special name :D

      Delete
  9. thank you so much for stopping by my blog and commenting, because otherwise i wouldn't have found yours. i adore your photographs and little stories! this one made me smile! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janneke, I am lucky to have found yours :D

      Delete

Hello!