22.10.14

Busan, Chapter I

Of course we started early, just as I requested, at dawn. Dawn is the time reserved to embark a journey, particularly those that kept you awake the whole other night, made you restless with thoughts and anxiety (the weather is going to be dreadful, I heard!), and of course wrestle in bed with excitement.

Then there's a thing about having the cerulean sky over your head and the cold fresh air filling your lungs, wanderlust? It works as a specific painkiller on the shoulders and the head (of course nothing exists on your back, silly!), and it allows you to pace away from home with a pair of feather feet.

Waiting at the train station is another thing, however, exchanging nervous glances between the restroom and the clock, tapping your feet as a minor symptom of living as a precipitant natured being, needlessly checking your tickets and the dates written, October 12th (no mistake over there!). Then ten minutes before 7:53, hurrying down the stairs, cold gushes of wind slapping across your face (hello, train!), then going onboard. Immediately, these will be the first two things you'll notice: packed space and sleeping guests.

From here it'll be a series of cut-out episodes of consciousness and unconsciousness (like falling asleep with chocolates in your mouth. Unholy in the eyes of a dentist), brief moments of clarity will be when you look outside the window, take a photo, and eat the emergency supplies you've prepared, til you make another pilgrimage to dreamland.

I believe you've noticed the gradual shift from sunshine to a grey and dark Busan sky; ominous and depressing, just as I feared... But having already braced our mentality (the purpose of spending a sleepless night), we've decided to do our things no matter what. 

First thing we did after leaving the Busan station was choosing the Busan city tour bus as our mode of transport, just because it seemed more practical than catching taxis every time we moved (our primary goal was to go to Haeundae beach) and it was my first time to Busan (Please don't question my ethnicity). 

The driver and an announcer and an mc (all in one) was there to explain the sights we were to see, but this particular driver of a single decked bus kept taunting us about how unlucky we were to miss a double decked bus, a funny man who made the ride a lot more entertaining.

Gwangalli Beach
<Chapter I - The End>

24 comments:

  1. I love the feeling of moment in these images Ellie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously. Wow. I love how you write. This line is perfection: "Then there's a thing about having the cerulean sky over your head and the cold fresh air filling your lungs, wanderlust?" Yes! Totally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I'm feeling shy! Thank you Juju, most of the time I practise writing and it means a lot to me :3

      Delete
  3. I love your description of the journey, haha that's totally me too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post!! The photos are beautiful, by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting images. A friend of mine was born in Busan and come to think of it, I've never looked at pictures of this city. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Busan was lovely in my opinion, when you see tall buildings you will think of Busan as a city, then you see colorful houses up the mountains and you will think of it as something even romantic!

      Delete
  6. Well the weather certainly doesn't look bad in these photos. How exciting to be traveling. I have not traveled in so long. I hope to in the spring.

    Allie of ALLIE NYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I guess raising the exposure did the right job :DD
      I hope you will get the chance to travel! Somewhere far and lovely!

      Delete
  7. aww thank you very much, so good to know! :)
    interesting photos, I love travel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love travelling, but I don't get to travel often :((

      Delete
  8. Wow, these photos are really stunning. I've never been before, but all of the shots of the water really speak to me. Perhaps I should add this to my travel list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is always such a pleasure to travel

    ReplyDelete
  10. these looks like a nice city, hope you enjoy your time there ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely, I really wish to revisit :D

      Delete
  11. beautiful~ i remember being in busan many many years ago. it was an amazing experience :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks like a lovely place! and nice writing as well:-) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love seeing so many new places through your lens!

    ReplyDelete

Hello!