4.5.14

While Resting

Image source
Remember I told you about having a little rest, well I did fulfill many of my resolutions, so here are the list of things I've done these past days!

Movies I watched: Roman Holiday, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Temple Grandin, Flipped, Blue Jasmine, The Phantom of the Opera, and perhaps a few more. I really enjoyed Flipped, I watched it without any expectations, but it was incredibly sweet!

Books I read: 1984, started reading Mornings in Jenin and The Book Thief, all the while The Count of Monte Cristo still hangs at chapter 61; no progress since ages.

Unfortunately, I have not discovered new musics!

Ice-cream score: I ate at least a half a dozen of cheese sandwich ice-creams in the first week, then I got addicted to eating chocolate coated vanilla ice-creams everyday!

How about nap? Napped a thousand hours and slept in all kind of places in our house!

Miscellaneous: Blog had some makeover, but that's something I do every day... Sky blue was my most worn nail polish color along with wearing A (shocking revelation?!) grey t-shirt everyday with different types of clothing layered upon it.

Hope you had a lovely weekend and wish you another happy week!

46 comments:

  1. I love Breakfast at Tiffany's as well as Blue Jasmine! I could be napping all time these days too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed Breakfast at Tiffany's, but I have mixed feelings about Blue Jasmine, I expected more from the ending :/

      Delete
  2. Breakfast at Tiffany's! I watched that this week too :-)

    p.s. loving your blog design

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sam! I watched Breakfast at Tiffany's and Roman Holiday yesterday after realizing it was Audrey Hepburn's birthday, and the fact that I haven't watched any of her movies made me watch these immediately!

      Delete
  3. The rest sounds divine. I also love your blog design. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's so good to catch up on sleep and to just unplug for awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely, thank you Suzie for your visit!

      Delete
  5. Sounds like the perfect break! I don't find anything quite as rejuvenating as a much needed nap...let alone several. After reading the post you linked, I'm curious, what was the beautiful accomplishment? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha nap is the best medicine!
      The efforts I make to learn are my little accomplishments :)

      Delete
  6. Delicious! I LOVE Roman Holiday and Breakfast at Tiffany's, anything with the queen Audrey Hepburn in it is wonderful. Great reading choices :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Queen Audrey Hepburn! I'm really glad I watched her movies, she's so beautiful and lovely!

      Delete
  7. my mama loved audrey hepburn and we always had her movies on tv. we also sang along to songs from my fair lady from time to time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm yet to watch My Fair Lady! Maybe I would some day!

      Delete
  8. The new blog layout is so pretty! Hm I haven't attempted Count of Monte Cristo yet, the sheer size of it is terrifying...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane! The Count of Monte Cristo is long (I agree!), somehow I didn't have a problem reading it in the beginning, but now I just find it hard to continue! It's fun and interesting once you concentrate... but I can't concentrate on it!

      Delete
  9. And that is a great idea :)

    You made me sooooo hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, yes! I wish I could have done all those delicious things too... Especially the ice cream part... and the napping.... I gotta watch Flipped, it seems pretty sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I hope you get to do the delicious part all week! and naps too!
      I loved the innocence of the movie flipped! You should watch it :)

      Delete
  11. this photo is just lovely! oh Roman Holiday, possibly my favourite movie of all time. And I loved 1984. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really really liked Roman Holiday (I think I liked it better than Breakfast at Tiffany's), and 1984 was brilliant!

      Delete
  12. I love it. All those vintage movies. 1984? You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Juju, 1984 was really nice and it opened my eyes in some ways :D

      Delete
  13. loveee! :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a wonderful way to spend a few days! Tomorrow's my last day of a very long semester, so I hope to do lots of reading, movie watching, napping, and ice cream eating soon too! (Ok, actually I've been ice cream eating all along!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations Grey! I hope you'll enjoy your free time by having more delicious ice-creams, watching exciting movies, and reading the coolest books! Oh, and take the most satisfying naps too ;))

      Delete
  15. Naps are the best! I haven't had a nap for a long time though. I used to relish them when I came home from school/college/uni! I am craving ice cream now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's sad :(
      I hope you find time for naps and have a lot of delicious ice-creams!

      Delete
  16. I love:
    1. Breakfast at Tiffany's
    2. Sky blue nail polish
    3. Grey tee shirts

    ReplyDelete
  17. this sounds lovely! and what is a cheese sandwich ice cream? sounds like the best thing ever :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's cheese flavored ice-cream in the middle of two (sweet) castella-like breads, it's delicious!

      Delete
  18. What a pretty photo that is surely making me hungry!! I don't know if you still remember me haha But I no longer blog at "Melodies In The Sand." I now have a new blog, which I hope will last long. I haven't been here for quite some time but your blog looks so cute and cozy as the previous layouts you've had. Take care, Ellie! ♡ :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I remember you Irene :)
      Thank you for visiting again, I'll make a visit to yours soon!

      Delete
  19. Wow cheese sandwich ice-creams sound interesting haha. Hm I don't think I've ever seen any of those movies before... I'll have to check them out one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are yummy (and cheap :B), and the movies were lovely :3

      Delete
  20. It sounds like a pretty goof life ;)

    xx, Be || lovefrombe

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such vibrant photography! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could take photos like this :B

      Delete
  22. Hi Ellie! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. :) I'm happy to have discovered yours! Your photography is just lovely.

    xx Christine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christine for visiting my blog :D

      Delete
  23. Cute picture!
    And flawless selection of movies if I may add, anything Audrey Hepburn is a win win for me :)

    http://theisolatedqueen.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Audrey Hepburn is a lovely actress :3

      Delete

Hello!