Today I found a diary with dusts accumulated on top over a year. I never really filled the book to the end, but I found bits of words spurring memories. To read the changes I've met since only a year ago, I felt hardly the character I am today. Had I read these books, had I watched those movies and did I say that? Why did I make such troubles? This girl had many plans and dreams she wanted to fulfill, she expressed her feelings in short words and illustrated her emotions with funny drawings, why! it was incredibly funny to read from a second perspective! Then as each pages flipped by, a strange tingle ran over my body as I sensed the times I spent missing so many people. I realized how much love and interests I had just a little over a year ago. I guess nothing remains the same, sad is the inevitable change.
Beneath the aforementioned book was a letter with no address; I forgot the address over the years. The envelop, now faded into a paler color, was one of the little things I wanted to use on some good purpose. Why had I not sent it? Though I spotted some embarrassing grammatical errors and even forgot the jokes we've created, I know I should have posted this letter to you. Now that the feelings resided, the fondness of the past has relented, does it matter to you any longer? There it has added as another futile regret of mine.
Memories are funny things, it reminds us what really led us to become who we are, whether it was that one word I shouldn't have said or that one word I didn't say, or the actions I've done. In each experience I hope to learn the value of every chances and opportunities I got to participate and learn at times through trial and error.
memories are indeed a funny thing, but not all change is sad xxx
ReplyDeletetrue :)
DeleteHow funny it is to go back to those memories, isn't it? They remind us of how we were at one point of our life and they make us see how much we've changed. ♡ :-)
ReplyDeleteand whether we like it or not, we will see changes in us... it is up to us to embrace it or change again :)
DeleteAw yeah, I used to have a diary as well when I was like 10 years.
ReplyDeleteWhen I read and look back I feel kind of sad in some point. Like
have I become what I wanted to become? I sometimes feel like
I have let myself down a bit...
Xx
Sometimes, sometimes I feel sorry for not making more effort for my younger self...
Deletebut under the wisdom, "it's what you do in the present that will redeem the past and thereby change the future" we shall work for a better future!
memories are a great thing. i wish i had saved all my diaries from when i was a kid. i think it would be such a blast to look through now :)
ReplyDeleteYes, it would've been... :((
DeleteIt's always an emotional thing, reading old diaries. Somehow I like checking what I was doing that day few years ago... :)
ReplyDeleteI guess that's the importance of writing a diary :)
DeleteI think what the crazy thing about reading diaries or even looking at old pictures- I always think how I acted and looked so young.
ReplyDeleteI think about my actions with or without diaries.. :)
Delete