6.1.14

The Sorrows of Young Werther

Unusually silent Monday afternoon, reading a novel by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe called The Sorrows of Young Werther, accompanied by the radiant sun and a paper cup filled with grape juice; tangible books are a release from the dreadful ebooks, and besides, these (It was sold as two books: one English, the other Korean) were on sale! It is quite something, reading a book in quietude: your mind races at the sight of words, then words engendering imagination, the mind teeming with brilliant thoughts as a product of some other's creativity; such is the profound, living mind... This will be the second book of the year (Read a self-help book yesterday) and I'm yet to finish The Count of Monte Cristo, another great book, what are you reading my friend?

45 comments:

  1. Books on sale: how not to love? I've always wanted to read The Sorrows of Young Werther, let us know what you think when you finish. I'm reading a Nikolaj Frobenius novel (he's a Norwegian writer) about the life of Edgar Allan Poe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the count of monte cristo is a great book. :) i'm reading the casual vacancy.. trying to finish it.. but like the fourth try! hopefully i can get through it this time around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoy reading the count but it's just taking too long for me to concentrate :(
      We must finish our books this time!!

      Delete
  3. Oh, I remember reading it when I was at school. :) Do you like it? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Sorrows of Young Werther: the book is charming! I should try and finish it soon!
      The Count of Monte Cristo: really an amazing book but I find it hard to get started and read :(

      Delete
  4. At school we read a modern version of Goethe's novel: Die neuen Leiden des jungen Werthers (The New Sorrows of Young Werther) by Plenzdorf... I also read The Count of Monte Christo when I was young. I quite liked it! Right now I'm not reading much fiction but I should.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that is a curious thing! I hope you find a good book to read :)

      Delete
  5. Korean writing is soooo cool! :O

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm reading the handmaids tale! Thanks for the comment

    oolretaw.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. korean writing looks so awesome
    let us know when you have finish it!


    xoxo
    style frontier

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just finished reading Mud Season but I don't know if I would recommend it lol :) Hope your having a wonderful Monday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it's Tuesday over here, have a lovely day Erika!

      Delete
  9. What a wonderful Monday reading a book! I miss reading, I haven't been able to read books lately. ♡ :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then I hope you will stumble upon a fine book!

      Delete
  10. I just finished "The Fault In Our Stars" and I absolutely loved it!! I think I might be on a John Green kick now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been hearing about the book, will definitely read once i find it!!

      Delete
  11. I read The Sorrows of Young Werther a couple of years ago, I don't remember much of it but I remember enjoying it! I'm currently reading The Book Thief, but I can't say I like the style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's bad, I hope the next book you open be interesting and valuable!

      Delete
  12. Exactly! And thank you :)

    Unfortunately I'm out of new books and it drives me crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Reading The Gormenghast Trilogy, they are soo good as well as long have been reading them for over seven months! slow reader perhaps me haha

    Katrina Sophia Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. i'm reading the secret history by donna tartt (again) because i can't seem to get into any new books at the moment. i'll definitely try the count of monte cristo though :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, interesting! I really need to finish my books.. :s

      Delete
  15. Inspiring snip bit of the wonderfulness on reading :) It's funny b/c I just posted how I was having trouble with getting back on track with reading again! I am now reading, Joyland from Stephen King. Happy readings, Ellie!
    www.speakstyleandrock.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's so funny and interesting to have English
    and Korean in one book! Currently reading a
    Stephen King book, getting into a really exiting
    part! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Two WONDERFUL books! Right now I'm reading The Diving Bell and the Butterfly, one of my perennial favorites. Highly recommended if you're in the mood for some beautiful prose and a few tears!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Reading a book is something I haven't resumed in about 5 years. Sad but true. I find myself reading stuff on the internet 100% of the time. Missing those novels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is easy to start reading but finishing is hard when there's so much distraction! Internet reads are nice, but I hope you do find a lovely novel too!

      Delete
  19. You're welcome and can't wait to see your next post
    My Lyfe ; My Story
    @MyLyfeMyStory ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. nice! reading is one of those getaways without you leaving your comfort zone ;)
    i'm currently reading looking for alaska by john green. got into half of it and can't seem to finish it because the story is quite depressing lol.
    what's this book that you're reading about? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Sorrows of Young Werther: Unfortunate romance... I think!
      The Count of Monte Cristo: Revenge!!

      Delete
  21. At this moment I'm not reading but I would love to read a good book. This one seems nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a good post!

    www.thethirteenthgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the sunset that you've captured there. No filter - just real.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear Kelven! You have mistaken (It was filtered...)!

      Delete

Hello!