31.12.13

Thirteenth

A new year lies closely upon us, the arcane future and its surprises are so far sealed with mystery, I sit and ponder about the past days, 2013 could have been a decent year, but I cannot lie; I was deluded by false hopes, I was unable to move past memories and move on, rather I'd stayed behind holding onto a simple dream, now I can see this dream was not meant for me, but amid irrationality who has the grip to discern properly? We can't always say hope is something positive, sometimes they beguile us from the original path after implanting false dreams, then confounding us from finding the alternative route to progress. A year it took for me to accept these truths and with an aching heart I tried to compromise through prayers, but it was time to move on. It was hard enough to physically separate from the places of memories, but mentally? that was impossible, what helped in the end was my realization that I was the only one walking around the memory lane and with that, I could no longer see a reason to stay behind, it was bitter but nevertheless it worked... Looking forward and doing your best today are all that matter, learn to leave when it encumbers your advancement and quit clinging onto sentimental archaism, because obsessing over memories cannot fix real problems. Goodbye 2013, and hello 2014, I hope we'll all catapult away from the bad and closer to the good things, Have a Happy New Year.

33 comments:

  1. You summarised how I feel about 2013... a year I'd rather forget. I cannot wait to be in 2014 tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also feel a lot the same about the past year. Many false hopes and not being able to move on, but still look at the positive parts! Lets work towards a better and more promising year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie, I hope 2014 be bright for both of us :)

      Delete
  3. Dear Ellie,
    new year's day is about to come and I hope this time you'll make it. Stay strong and make your dreams come true :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are so right, happy new year! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. this year has tested me in one and so many ways as well. made me asking all my decisions again, questioning myself, second-guessing my judgement. but you are right. sometimes some things are meant to be left behind. happy new year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the struggles seem futile at the present, but there are something new to learn and that's what makes it worthwhile.

      Delete
  6. sometimes it's hard to always be positive. i think it's ok to falter. i hope 2014 looks brighter for you. wishing you the best with what's to come! happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, as a human it is natural to shake at the billows of calamity, we need to learn strength to withstand such crisis. Happy New year!

      Delete
  7. Deffinitely, 2014 - be kind. Happy New Year... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. 2013 may have seems rough but you became stronger and wiser in the process. Cheers to an amazing 2014!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year! I hope that 2014 brings wonderful things for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh boy your words ring true to me so. May 2014 be a breath of fresh air to you and I, a breath of peace and hope and happiness!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Samantha, have a happy new year :)

      Delete
  11. Happy New Year! I hope 2014 is an unforgettable year for you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year! I hope this year will be amazing for you! :)
    www.enarastyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful writing and so true to heart. I found myself in a similar dilemma. It was definitely a year of learning to accept and let go. A very difficult process. Hope New Year brings you strength to move past those memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope we'll gain strength and wisdom this year :)

      Delete

Hello!